When we hear the word ‘inertia’ most of our minds head straight to physics (that is, unless we’re thinking about how pretty the word sounds), but the truth is, inertia affects us way more than we realize, and it can have a massive impact on our inner sexy.
In physics, ‘inertia’ refers to matter staying in its state until an external force stops it, and that’s something we can see in multiple areas of our lives; from upholding a status quo because it’s easier that way, to a relationship falling into (and staying in) a rut because it seems like too much effort to change it.
It should come as no surprise, then, that our sex lives can fall victim to inertia, too. Ever woken up one day to realize it’s been months since you last had an orgasm? Yup. Inertia in action! So, where’s the external force to stop it?
In this episode, I’m sharing what we can do to stop sexual inertia in its tracks.
Sometimes, sex can wait, because it’s not something that has to happen to survive. However, it does need to be there to thrive. -Heather Bartos
Things We Learned From This Episode
- Examples to prove the universe is dripping with inertia
- Why sexual inertia and relationship inertia AREN’T always linked
- The age group most impacted by sexual inertia (this one is a shocker)
- How to nourish our inner sexy when life gets in the way
- When it’s a good idea to add sex to a to-do list (but NOT as a chore!)