Polyamory isn’t something often discussed in ‘proper’ social circles, but the topic doesn’t need to be salacious by any means.
We’ve been trained to believe there’s something wrong with polyamory, but many of our reservations stem directly from misunderstanding. As with just about anything outside of our comfort zones, we’ve labeled it as ‘bad,’ not even knowing what it is!
So, what is polarmory, then, and what does a polyamorous relationship entail? How can we assess if it’s something we want to try in our own love lives or if we’re better suited to steering clear?
In this episode, I’m pulling back the curtain on polyamory – because someone has to!
What I love about polyamory is how open, honest and communicative it is, which is what we should strive for even if we’re NOT polyamorous. -Heather Bartos
Things We Learned From This Episode
- Different types of polyamorous relationships
- Why polyamory is NOT cheating
- How to broach the idea of polyamory with your monogamous partner
- The TV shows shedding (much needed!) light on polyamory
- The difference between polyamory and swinging